More and more classes are being taught online as time goes on. It used to be restricted to students in higher education at first. Now, students as young as in kindergarten can take classes online. When it comes to running these classes, Google Classroom and Zoom are two of the biggest rivals. In general, Zoom is a video conferencing tool with functionality for sharing files and messages. The class management tool Google Classroom is perfect for file sharing.
This essay will examine the two uses independently and weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing programme, as was already described. Through voice or visual communication, it enables people to interact. You may text and transfer files using the chat feature. There are both free and paid versions. I have used zoom as well to Take My Online Class online. Meetings can have up to 100 people in the free edition, but they can only last 40 minutes. Up to 500 users can use the premium version.
Due to the COVID-19 incident, several industries were forced to either temporarily shut down, totally shut down, or only work from home, which has been reported to result in a relative decrease in production. But owing to AI, the education sector didn’t actually halt. With the use of programmes like Zoom, students and teachers now have more freedom because they can both learn and teach from the comfort of their own homes with access to all the tools they need. It provides protection from unpredictable events like COVID-19 (HWD, 2021).
- The advantages of Zoom include its ease of use, which makes it simple to set up meetings and invite participants. You can share the login information or a link to invite people. The software is simple to use.
- On your PC or mobile device, you can download the Zoom app, which is compatible with a number of operating systems.
- Since it is cloud-based, you can communicate with anyone in the globe as long as they have access to the internet.
- Without interfering with the lesson, students can easily enter or exit the classroom. A meeting can also be locked by teachers. They can prevent uninvited visitors by doing this. Unruly pupils may also be kicked out of the class.
- Due to the chat feature, the teacher or the students can share helpful links and files. In addition, if the instructor thinks it is a distraction, they can turn off private chat or group messaging.
- There is a screen-share option in the app. The teacher can simply share their screen so that everyone can view it if they wish to highlight a certain section of a file or show a video. Additionally, a whiteboard that the instructor is utilising for instruction can be shared.
- The guests can choose whether to use the microphone feature or not. In this manner, the instructor can unmute the pupils when they’re ready to participate. Otherwise, they can be muted to block out sounds from the surroundings of the students.
- An educator can keep track of attendance. For the sake of accountability, the teacher may receive an email notification of students who attended the class.
- Zoom meetings can be recorded for later use.
The Disadvantages of Zoom:
- Meetings on Zoom demand a lot of bandwidth. Otherwise, noises cut in and out, requiring speakers to repeat themselves. This could be a concern for students who live in areas with subpar internet connections.
- When preparing lessons, teachers must take leisure into consideration. It takes until this point for a sizable number of students to arrive before the session may begin.
- Students who aren’t tech-savvy can find it difficult to get used to the application’s interface.
This is a Google-created tool for managing classrooms and has been proved as best exam help for students.
Google Classroom is used by several US school districts, including Chicago public schools. Google Classroom will easily transmit your work to your teacher for grading, whether you authored it yourself or had a research paper writing service do it for you (Lucy Bennett, 2020).
- Usefulness – User-friendliness is one of Google’s key characteristics. Both professors and students can use Google Classroom with ease.
- It is accessible on a variety of gadgets. Through the mobile app, you can access Google Classroom. It is also reachable via the Chrome browser.
- effective communication and sharing. Utilizing Google Drive enables this.
- Documents that teachers submit to Google Drive can later be shared with students.
- The programme allows students to upload their assignments for grading.
- On the platform, teachers can evaluate student work and provide feedback.
- When students turn in their assignments, teachers can find out.
- Saves paper — In a traditional classroom, the instructor must print out notes and homework. They must also mark them, collect them, and take care not to lose them. The use of digital documents eliminates this concern.
- Grading is simple because teachers may grade students fast using the app. Additionally, these grades can be exported to a Google Sheet.
- is beneficial to everyone – In addition to linking teachers with children, it can also link them with parents and other teachers. For each group, you can set up different classrooms where you can communicate any pertinent material.
- In some circumstances, you can use Google Meet for online classes.
- Students receive notifications from Google Classroom anytime teachers upload a new document. Uploads can be planned by teachers as well.
- In some circumstances, using Google Meet to schedule a meeting requires G-Suite. This may need payment from you.
- calls for constant internet access.
- Students who are not tech-savvy will find it difficult to adjust.
- For small children, it is not particularly user-friendly. They could require their parents’ guidance to get around.
- The way that learning is done is being revolutionised by these two apps. Their flaws appear to complement one another. For teaching, some schools combine Zoom and Google Classroom. The incredible video conferencing capabilities of Zoom are being used to hold online classes.
- On the other side, Google Classroom is utilised to exchange the necessary learning-related documents. Exams and assignments are managed using it as well.
HWD (2021). How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing The Education System For The Better. https://www.helpwithdissertation.co.uk/blog/artificial-intelligence/
Lucy Bennett (2020). Google Classroom vs. Zoom: Which Is Better for Learning. https://www.ilounge.com/articles/google-classroom-vs-zoom-which-is-better-for-learning